Healthy Mounds Candy Bar (Dairy Free, Low Sugar)
What could be more tempting than the combination of chocolate and coconut?
Unlike commercial candy bars, our healthy mounds candy bar recipe is rich in antioxidants from real, organic cocoa powder, packed with fat-burning medium chain triglycerides(MCTs) and low in sugar and calories (just 2 grams of sugar and 100 calories each!)
Healthy Mounds Candy Bars: A Quick Candy to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Best of all, you can whip these delicious homemade candies up in no time with just a few simple ingredients. These treats are gluten free, dairy free and soy free to fit into your healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Mounds Candy Bar Recipe
- 6 oz. Dagoba Organic Eclipse Bar
- 6 Tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops SweetLeaf® SteviaClear Liquid Stevia
- 1 ½ c. fresh unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 Tbsp. Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk
- 5 Tbsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Zero
- 0.125 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- In a medium saucepan, add erythritol and heat over medium heat until liquefied.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut, salt, and stevia.
- Carefully pour hot erythritol into coconut mixture and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized dollops of the coconut mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper, and shape into flatted logs with your hands.
- Transfer to freezer and chill for 5 minutes, or until filling is firm and cold.
- While filling chills, melt the chocolate in medium saucepan over very low heat. Add stevia to taste.
- Stick toothpicks into cold coconut filling. Carefully dip filling into chocolate, and place dipped chocolate on parchment paper. Remove toothpick. Let chocolate coating harden.
2152.13 kcal Calories, 76.8 mg Calcium, 80.61 g Carbohydrate, 0 mg Cholesterol, 215.51 g Total Fat, 34.8 g Fiber, 11.05 mg Iron, 38.4 mg Magnesium 427.2 mg Potassium, 25 g Protein,12.12 mcg Selenium, 55.98 mg Sodium, 32.81 g Sugars, 1.32 mg Zinc, 169.96g Saturated fat, 0 trans Fat, 6.58 g Monounsaturated fats, 1.95 g Polyunsaturated fats, 0 IU Vitamin A, 0.06 mg Vitamin B6, 0 mcg Vitamin B12, 3.96 mg Vitamin C, 0 IU Vitamin D, 0.36 Vitamin E, 0.66 mcg Vitamin K, 31.2 mcg Folate,0.08 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),0 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),0.02 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0 mcg Lycopene, 0 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0 g ALA, 0 g EPA, 0 gDHA,135.6 mg Phosphorous, 1.8 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 0 mcg Beta carotene, 0 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid