With bold, complex flavors, and a creamy, umami broth, a good Thai curry will leave you feeling both light – and satisfied – at the same time.
This nourishing wild salmon curry calls for just nine simple ingredients – including my favorite “cheater” curry starter – and comes together in only a few minutes, courtesy of the Instant Pot electronic pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Keto Thai Salmon Curry: The 5-Minute Multivitamin Meal in Your Instant Pot
In addition to the powerful range of disease-fighting antioxidant phytonutrients you’ll enjoy in this quick curry – including geraniol (from the lemongrass), allicin and ajoene (from the garlic), and gingerols (from the ginger) to name just a few… you’ll also get an excellent source of 13 vitamins and minerals.
In fact, just one serving of this fragrant curry provides:
- 48% of the daily value for Vitamin B6
- 59% for Vitamin B12
- 48% for Niacin
- 25% for Riboflavin
- 19% for Thiamin
- 28% for Copper
- 26% for Iron
- 22% for Magnesium
- 44% for Manganese
- 34% for Phosphorus
- 24% for Potassium
- 59% for Selenium
And thanks to wild salmon, you’ll also get 2 grams of the omega-3 essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA. These vital fats – in short supply in most modern diets, are powerful anti-inflammatory agents, found also to boost brain health, support mood, improve insulin sensitivity and promote a lean physique.
But there’s a catch…
In today’s polluted world, it’s important to source our foods carefully. And nowhere is this truer than with seafood.
Unfortunately, most commercial salmon is farm-raised and contains a laundry list of harmful toxins like PCBs, dioxins and more. For your best health, opt to purchase wild seafood from a reputable company, like Vital Choice. Not only do they offer seafood that is sustainably sourced and tested for purity, it is also of the highest quality available..
And now for the simple, step-by-step recipe for this bold, flavorful and satisfying soup.
Instant Pot Keto Thai Salmon Curry Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 2 cups organic chicken bone broth
- 16 ounces wild salmon
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 medium scallion, sliced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 whole lime, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- Dice the wild salmon into 1-inch cubes and remove pin bones. Chop the scallions and cilantro, grate the ginger, slice the lime into wedges.
- Add the broth, red curry paste, coconut oil, ginger and coconut milk to the Instant Pot vessel. Whisk to combine.
- Place the diced wild salmon into the broth.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure to LOW and the time to 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Transfer salmon curry to serving bowls. Serve with scallions, cilantro and lime wedges.
442 calories, 35 g fat, 26 g saturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat, 3 g polyunsaturated fat, 64 mg cholesterol, 6 g carbohydrate, 6 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 1 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein, 823 mg potassium, 336 mg phosphorous, 255 mg sodium, 86 mg magnesium
69% FAT | 26% PROTEIN | 5% CARBOHYDRATE