Do you love a hot breakfast, but not all of the time and effort it takes to prepare? Then you will LOVE these Paleo egg muffins.
Made with simple ingredients – eggs, meat, veggies and cheese (if you’d like) – egg muffins let you whip up a week’s worth of breakfasts… in just half an hour.
Paleo Egg Muffins: A Quick and Delicious, Customizable, Make-Ahead Breakfast
To beat taste bud boredom, change up the ingredients in these portable breakfast treats. Here are a few of my favorites you might like to try:
- Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions & Spinach
- Sausage & Sautéed Kale
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Sautéed Asparagus
And of course, these Mexican-inspired ones below:
- 12 large pastured eggs
- ½ medium organic onion, chopped
- ½ c. organic salsa
- 2 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 oz. organic grass-fed cheddar cheese (optional)
- 16 oz. grass-fed beef (85%)
- In a cast iron skillet, add oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring until translucent.
- Add the grass-fed beef and cook. Stir with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Line a stainless steel or cast iron muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners. Divide the onion/beef mixture among 12 lined muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Use a small ladle to divide beaten eggs among the muffin cups. Pour over the ground beef mixture.
- Spoon salsa over the eggs and top with cheese (if using)
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and store in a glass container for the week.
Do you make-ahead breakfast for the week? Have you ever tried Paleo egg muffins, and if so, what is your favorite combination?