Paleo Egg Muffins - Original
- 12 large pastured eggs
- ½ medium organic onion, chopped
- ½ c. organic salsa
- 2 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 oz. organic grass-fed cheddar cheese (optional)
- 16 oz. grass-fed beef (85%)
- In a cast iron skillet, add oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring until translucent.
- Add the grass-fed beef and cook. Stir with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Line a stainless steel or cast iron muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners. Divide the onion/beef mixture among 12 lined muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Use a small ladle to divide beaten eggs among the muffin cups. Pour over the ground beef mixture.
- Spoon salsa over the eggs and top with cheese (if using)
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and store in a glass container for the week.