While this simple and delicious recipe is just a side dish, its golden crown and rich aroma will make it the center of attention on your dinner table.
Coated with fragrant spices – including the powerful healing spice turmeric – and then roasted until tender, our Whole Roasted Cauliflower recipe makes the perfect accompaniment to Tandoori Chicken and other classic Indian dishes.
Fight Cancer with Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Not only is this unique recipe a great comfort food, the combination of cauliflower and curry fights cancer, according to recent research.
While this recipe is sumptuous (and packed with antioxidants) when using Indian spices, you can also make whole roasted cauliflower with any of your favorite spices for a different twist. Try smoked paprika (and top with crumbled blue cheese just before serving for a smoky-cheesy flavor), mustard and dill for a Scandinavian twist or chili powder, oregano and cumin for a Mexican-inspired side.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. organic cumin
- 1 Tbsp. organic garlic powder
- 2 tsp. organic turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. organic chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. organic lime juice + 1 tsp. zest
- ¼ cups organic coconut milk
- ½ tsp. organic black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a small baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower, removing the woody stem and green leaves.
- In a wide medium bowl, combine the coconut milk with the salt, pepper, spices, lime zest and juice.
- Holding the cauliflower by its base, dunk the cauliflower into the bowl, using your hands to coat the entire head.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast 40 minutes, or until exterior is dry to the touch.
- Let the cauliflower cool slightly, then slice into wedges.