Arugula Chicken Salad with Olives & Pecans
Who says a brown bag lunch has to be –boring?
This organic, balsamic-drizzled Arugula Chicken Salad will perk up your midday and provide you with satiating nutrients that will keep you feeling full until dinner. And because arugula is a member of the cruciferous family of veggies (which also includes broccoli, cauliflower and kale), it also provides powerful cancer-fighting nutrients.
Arugula Chicken Salad – A Superfast Superfood Salad
But this isn’t the only superfood salad you can make…
By keeping a few simple ingredients on hand (like organic greens, pre-cooked organic pastured chicken and grass-fed beef, hard-boiled pastured eggs) and doing a little prep work at the beginning of the week – you can enjoy restaurant-quality salads every day. Not only will you save money, but you’ll enjoy healthier meals to boot.
- 2 Tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1 -8oz. breast pastured chicken
- 8 small organic Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups organic arugula
- 1/2 ounce pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup shredded organic carrots
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place seasoned chicken on the grill pan and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook until the juices run clear.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then slice the chicken into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Prepare the salad and salad dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar with the oil (reserving 1 tsp. for later) and mustard to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the arugula in a medium bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp. oil. Gently massage to coat the leaves, then sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt. Toss in the shredded carrots and olives. Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing and chopped pecans.