Vegetable Oil DOUBLES Your Risk of Blindness!
Imagine your world if it looked like this…
You can recognize your loved ones, but their faces are a blur. Straight lines appear to wave and bend. And reading? Forget about it. I’m talking about macular degeneration, and for millions of people, this is what they have to look forward to.
And you might be surprised to learn that vegetable oil is a common cause of this disease. Yes… too much vegetable oil could cause you to lose your eyesight.
Dr. Paul Beaumont from the Macular Degeneration Foundation has been studying the links, and in a recent article, he said:
[The research] showed that people eating vegetable oil got the disease twice as commonly as the people who didn’t. Even more convincing was a prospective study that looked at patients with the disease. Those eating too much vegetable oil progressed at 3.8 times the rate of those eating a little vegetable oil.
Dr. Beaumont went on to say that those who frequently consumed fish were half as likely to develop the condition.
The conclusion is crystal clear. If you want to improve your health, and maintain your eyesight, the types of fat you eat can make all the difference.
Follow these simple steps to save your sight (And help prevent cancer and heart disease too!)…
- REDUCE your consumption of omega 6 fats as much as possible. This includes vegetable and seed oils, including corn, soybean, safflower, sunflower, grapeseed, cottonseed and others
- Ditch the bottle – the salad dressing bottle that is
- Rely on oils that are rich in monounsaturated fats, including olive oil, avocado oil and macadamia nut oils
- INCREASE your consumption of foods rich in omega 3 fats (especially DHA and EPA) like those found in wild, sustainable salmon, sardines, green-lipped mussels, wild shrimp and Pacific halibut
- Take a high-quality fish oil supplement (like Carlson’s)
- Buy only pasture-raised eggs. Commercial “supermarket” eggs have 19 times more omega-6 than omega-3!
- Eat grass-fed beef – “conventional” beef has 14 times more omega-6 than its naturally-grazing counterpart
- Watch out for chips and crackers! Vegetable oils are one of the main ingredients
- Enjoy walnuts and flax seeds (rich in ALA omega-3)
Ban The Vegetable Oil: 3 Sight-Saving Salad Dressings
All bottled salad dressings (yes including the organic ones) have one thing in common: they’re loaded with omega-6 fats.
Here’s an easy way to dress up your greens and protect your baby blues: make your own!
Think homemade means more time and cleanup? Think again. Use your handy Magic Bullet for fresh, fabulous dressings in a flash like these:
- Blueberry Avocado Vinaigrette
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette
Leave a Reply