Prosciutto Egg Cups
If you love eating a hot breakfast in the morning – but not all the cooking and cleanup – then this recipe is for you!
These prosciutto egg cups are a nutrient-packed, high-protein, portable breakfast that can can be made ahead of time… and enjoyed all week long. Best of all, they can be filled with a variety of delicious ingredients to suit your taste. We’ve used organic spinach, onion and cherry tomatoes here, but mushrooms, roasted peppers, sausage or bacon would be delicious, as well.
Prosciutto Egg Cups (Plus More Make-Ahead Breakfasts)
Need more ideas for a healthy breakfast? Try our make-ahead Mexican Beef Egg Muffins or Paleo Donuts for satisfying and nutrient-rich on-the-go breakfasts. Looking for freezer-friendly options? High-protein, grain-free muffins – like our Pumpkin Chia Blueberry Muffins – are an excellent choice that only requires a quick toasting and slather of grass-fed butter… and you’re out the door!
- 8 large pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 12 paper thin slices pastured prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 small organic onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a safe, nonstick skillet, add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the spinach and saute 2 minutes to wilt. Set vegetables aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk. Add the coconut flour, a little at a time and whisk to combine. Mixture will thicken up a bit. Season wit salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables.
- Line each muffin cup with a slice of proscuitto, taking care to cover the sides and bottom.Spoon batter into the proscuitto cups and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer to oven and bake 18-20 minutes.