Forget the high-fructose syrup-laden, canned and contaminated cranberries! You can bring this fresh, tangy, wholesome, low glycemic cranberry sauce to your table this Thanksgiving or any time of the year!) with just a few minutes of prep time. And while most cranberry sauce has 20 grams of sugar and 86 calories per serving, this just-as-sweet sauce has a mere 2 grams and only 18 calories.
- 1 c. non-GMO erythritol
- 1/2 c. fresh organic orange juice
- 1 tsp. organic orange zest
- 12 oz. fresh organic cranberries
- 0.125 tsp.Stevia Extract (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the erythritol in the orange juice.
- Stir in the cranberries, and cook until they start to pop (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.