Paleo Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
What better way to start your Saturday or Sunday morning than with a relaxing and indulgent breakfast.
But indulgent doesn’t have to mean unhealthy. In fact, these amazingly simple, fluffy, nutrient-rich paleo pancakes are packed with protein and healthy fat to keep you full.
Gluten Free, Protein Rich Paleo Pancakes
And as opposed to most pancakes, they are low in the carbs and sugar that weigh us down… and push our blood sugar up.
The taste and texture are just like the pancakes you grew up on. And best of all, you can bring this All-American breakfast to the table in just 15 minutes. Top with warm blueberries, or a small drizzle of real maple syrup. Your family will be absolutely delighted!
- 1/2 c. organic coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 6 large pastured eggs
- 8 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 10 drops SweetLeaf® SteviaClear Liquid Stevia
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar
- 2 tsp. organic cinnamon
- First, make coconut buttermilk. Combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Blend “coconut buttermilk”, eggs and coconut nectar together in a blender or mixer until well- combined.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for five minutes.
- Heat a safe, non-stick griddle (preferably enameled cast-iron) to medium heat. Pour batter into pan to make pancakes (silver dollar-sized work best). Cook about 1 minute per side; flip. Continue making batches.
- Serve with a simple sauce made from organic frozen blueberries or my Antioxidant Super-Syrup.