Instant Pot Bolognese (Keto + Paleo Friendly) - Original
1 h 05 mins
- 6 slices pastured bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 2 stalks organic celery, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 2 16-oz. cans organic diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 1/3 cup organic heavy cream
- Press Sauté on the Instant Pot. Add the bacon and cook 4-5 minutes. Strain bacon and set aside.
- Add the butter, diced onion, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the grass-fed beef and sea salt. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked bacon and wine and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olive oil and bay leaves. Cover and cook HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a natural release. Remove all of the bay leaves. Pour in the heavy cream and stir. If the sauce seems thin, press Sauté and let simmer to drive off excess liquid.
- Serve over Cappello’s pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
301 calories, 22 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 9 g monounsaturated fat,
1 g polyunsaturated fat, 77 mg cholesterol, 6 g carbohydrate, 4 g NET carbs,
0 g sugar alcohols, 3 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein, 507 mg potassium,
200 mg phosphorous, 621 mg sodium, 32 mg magnesium
68% FAT | 26% PROTEIN | 6% CARBOHYDRATE