Instant Pot Mexican Pork Stew (Low Carb, Keto-Friendly) - Original
- 36 ounces pastured pork shoulder
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 6 Tbsp. pastured pork lard
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups chopped organic kale
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole lime, cut into wedges
- 4 medium avocados, diced
- 1 cup canned chopped green chiles
- Cut the pork shoulder into 1 inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, cumin, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Add pork lard to the Instant Pot vessel and turn to Saute.
- When melted and shimmering, add the onion. Cook while stirring for two minutes.
- Add the cut-up pork shoulder, spices, pumpkin, green chiles and broth. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Set to Manual, HIGH pressure and set time for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally or do a quick release.
- Add the chopped kale and stir.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with cilantro and avocado. Garnish with lime and serve.
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
Nutrition Information Per Serving
340 calories, 23 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 12 g monounsaturated fat,
3 g polyunsaturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g NET carbs,
0 g sugar alcohols, 2 g sugar, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein, 819 mg potassium,
237 mg phosphorous, 367 mg sodium, 56 mg magnesium
63% FAT | 29% PROTEIN | 8% CARBOHYDRATE