Instant Pot Pork Belly Recipe - Original
1 h 40 mins
1 h 50 mins
- 1 lb. pastured pork belly
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced or chopped)
- 1/2 cup of broth
- 1/4 cup sherry (or white wine)
- 2 Tbsp. duck fat (or tallow, lard or coconut oil)
- Rub the fatty side of the pork belly with the salt-spice mixture.
- Pour the broth and the sherry into the Instant Pot.
- Now place the pork belly in the instant pot, spice side up.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure to HIGH and the time to 80 minutes.
- A few minutes before the time is up, preheat your oven to 400 F. Place a couple tablespoons of duck fat in a cast iron pan. Transfer the pan to the oven to get nice and hot.
- When the time is up, use two spatulas to lift the cooked pork belly out of the Instant Pot. It will be very tender and may fall apart if you use tongs. Remove any large bits of garlic or spice and place the pork belly fat side down in the preheated cast iron pan.
- If your pork belly has curled, top it with another cast iron pan to weigh it down. Then pop into the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or to your desired crispness.
- Allow to cool slightly, then gently transfer to a cutting board.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut into cubes.
- Sprinkle with a little more sea salt (Maldon is preferred).
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
340 calories, 33 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 15 g monounsaturated fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 44 mg cholesterol, 2 g carbohydrate, 2 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 0 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 6 g protein, 141 mg potassium, 69 mg phosphorous, 314 mg sodium, 4 mg magnesium
FAT | 7% PROTEIN | 2% CARBOHYDRATE