Low Carb Paleo Pita Bread - Original
- ¼ cup almond flour, firmly packed (35 g)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour, firmly packed (14 g)
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic psyllium husk powder (3 g) Optional, but increases pliability and reduces breakage)
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 35O F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients, whisking well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix using a wooden spoon to form a thick batter.
- Use a ladle to scoop batter by ¼ cupfuls and pour onto parchment-lined pan in circles. Make the batter about the thickness of a pancake and the diameter you want it – it will not spread much.
- Transfer to oven and bake 17-19 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack, then cut each circle in half and slice a slit to make a pocket.
- Store cooled pitas in an airtight container.
- Nutrition Info
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
92 calories, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 53 mg cholesterol, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 0.5 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 65 mg potassium, 24 mg phosphorous, 161mg sodium, 19 mg magnesium
81 % FAT | 14 % PROTEIN | 5% CARBOHYDRATE