Perfect Paleo Biscuits - Original
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup arrowroot flour (plus more for dusting)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 5 Tbsp. Kerrygold Butter or Virgin Coconut Oil (cold)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 pastured eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and sea salt.
- Cut the butter or coconut oil up into chunks. Add it to the dry ingredients, cutting in using your fingers or a pastry blender to form a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and lemon juice. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Make a small well in the flour mixture. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing gently using a rubber spatula.
- The mixture will be a bit wet. Let it stand for 2-3 minutes to allow moisture to absorb.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a quarter cup measuring cup to scoop the biscuit dough. Dip the scoop or cup into a bit of arrowroot to coat, then scoop the dough.
- Invert the dough onto the lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between biscuits.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1 Paleo Biscuit)
232 calories, 18 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 6 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 437 mg sodium, 215 mg potassium