Paleo Chicken Marsala (Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Instant Pot + Stovetop Options) - Low Carb Gluten Free
- 4 boneless, skinless pastured chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil (Get a FREE 15 oz. jar from our friends at Thrive Market while supplies last!)
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup organic, free-range chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Using a meat mallet, pound chicken to an even 1-inch thickness. Pat dry and sprinkle with sea salt. Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in an enameled cast iron pan.
- When the oil beings to shimmer, add the chicken breast and cook 3 minutes to golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour in the Marsala, broth, garlic and thyme. Place sliced mushrooms over the chicken. Cover and simmer for 15-30 minutes (simmering longer will make the chicken more tender).
- Remove from heat and slide chicken and mushrooms to one side of the pan. Sprinkle in the arrowroot and whisk to combine. Sauce will thicken. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley.