Low Carb Paleo Bagels - Original
- 1 cup almond flour (90 g)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour, firmly packed (14 g)
- 1 Tbsp. ground golden flaxseed (10 g)
- ½ Tbsp. arrowroot powder (5 g)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, Maldon sea salt, dried onion flakes (for topping)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey, yacon syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 35O F. Prepare a USA Pans Donut Pan by lightly greasing.
- In a small bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl, combine the wet ingredients, whisking well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix using a silicone spatula to form a thick batter.
- Use a ladle to scoop batter by ¼ cupful and into greased circles. Sprinkle with toppings of choice.
- Transfer to oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Serve freshly baked or lightly toasted with toppings of choice.
- Store cooled bagels in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition & Macronutrient Ratio
194 calories, 15 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 8 g monounsaturated fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 106 mg cholesterol, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 1 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein, 239 mg potassium, 60 mg phosphorous, 343 mg sodium, 81 mg magnesium
73 % FAT | 19 % PROTEIN | 8% CARBOHYDRATE