“Cornbread” and Sage Paleo Stuffing - Original
2 h 45 mins
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 10 Tbsp. grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 large organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole organic leek, finely chopped
- 3 stalks organic celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 11 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 c. Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- First, make the “cornbread”. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, ½ tsp. salt, and baking powder.
- Melt ½ cup butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat eight eggs. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the coconut flour mixture to the egg/butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter among 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
Cut the corn muffins into ½ inch cubes. Spread the cubes and crumbs evenly in a single layer on unbleached parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Transfer to oven and bake at 250 degrees for one hour to dry and crisp.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, leek, and celery, and saute until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, sage and thyme and cook for a minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Grease a 13″x9″ pan. Add the muffin cubes and the celery mixture, including the pan juices.
- Beat the two remaining eggs and combine with chicken broth. Pour over the bread mixture. Gently combine ingredients with your hands, ensuring bread cubes are coated with liquid.
- Transfer to oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes to one hour, or until top is golden and crisp.