Pan Roasted Duck Breasts with Pinot Noir and Cherries
Duck is one of those foods that many people love, but rarely make at home.
But bringing a delicious pan roasted duck breast dinner to the table isn’t as complicated as you might think. In fact, this easy (and impressive) recipe can be served in just 20 minutes flat – including the antioxidant-rich wine and cherry sauce.
Pan Roasted Duck Breast: Gourmet Flavor with Potent Nutritional Benefits
Another benefit? Duck is a nutritional powerhouse providing a rich source of monounsaturated fats – the healthy fats associated with the Mediterranean diet that have been found to reduce cancer risk, melt belly fat and protect against heart disease.
This high protein, low carb meal also provides 26% of the daily value for iron, 43% of the daily value for selenium and 45% of the daily value for niacin.
Serve with a quick organic green salad (try kale or arugula) with a simple dressing of oil and vinegar and Cascadian Farm Organic Winter Squash Puree
Always be sure to choose pasture-raised duck to avoid toxins and boost nutrients.
- 1 Tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic, crushed
- 16 oz. organic duck breast
- 1 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 1 whole bay leaf
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. organic red wine
- 1 c. frozen organic cherries, thawed and halved
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the duck with salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large enameled cast-iron pan and heat to medium-high.
- Add the duck, skin side down, into the pan. Sear for 6 minutes. Flip the breasts over, add the wine, peppercorns, garlic, bay leaf and cherries.
- Transfer to oven. Roast the breasts for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the duck breasts to rest 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
- Slice each duck breast, on the bias, into ½-inch pieces, with cherries and sauce on top.Serve.
1595.66 kcal Calories, 122.48 mg Calcium, 29.95 g Carbohydrate, 609.28 mg Cholesterol, 94.62 g Total Fat, 4.59 g Fiber, 18.89 mg Iron, 56.53 mg Magnesium 591.92 mg Potassium, 112.51 g Protein,119.81 mcg Selenium, 1553.8 mg Sodium, 15.49 g Sugars, 0.67 mg Zinc, 17.03g Saturated fat, 0 trans Fat, 56.04 g Monounsaturated fats, 15.46 g Polyunsaturated fats, 1434.87 IU Vitamin A, 0.35 mg Vitamin B6, 0 mcg Vitamin B12, 18.88 mg Vitamin C, 0 IU Vitamin D, 17.77 Vitamin E, 17.13 mcg Vitamin K, 12.65 mcg Folate,0.1 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),36.05 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),0.15 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0.39 mcg Lycopene, 122.45 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0.44 g ALA, 0 g EPA, 0 gDHA,98.56 mg Phosphorous, 0.94 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 821.81 mcg Beta carotene, 3.12 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid
- No Pork
- No Eggs
- No Fish
- No Shellfish
- No Gluten
- No Nuts
- No Seeds
- No Dairy
- No Corn
- No Yeast
- No Peanuts
- No Tubers
- No Red Meat
- No Soy
- No Grains
- No Legumes
- No Nightshade
- No Citrus