Paleo Egg Muffins
Do you love a hot breakfast, but not all of the time and effort it takes to prepare? Then you will LOVE these Paleo egg muffins.
Made with simple ingredients – eggs, meat, veggies and cheese (if you’d like) – egg muffins let you whip up a week’s worth of breakfasts… in just half an hour.
Paleo Egg Muffins: A Quick and Delicious, Customizable, Make-Ahead Breakfast
To beat taste bud boredom, change up the ingredients in these portable breakfast treats. Here are a few of my favorites you might like to try:
- Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions & Spinach
- Sausage & Sautéed Kale
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Sautéed Asparagus
And of course, these Mexican-inspired ones below:
- 12 large pastured eggs
- ½ medium organic onion, chopped
- ½ c. organic salsa
- 2 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 oz. organic grass-fed cheddar cheese (optional)
- 16 oz. grass-fed beef (85%)
- In a cast iron skillet, add oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring until translucent.
- Add the grass-fed beef and cook. Stir with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Line a stainless steel or cast iron muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners. Divide the onion/beef mixture among 12 lined muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Use a small ladle to divide beaten eggs among the muffin cups. Pour over the ground beef mixture.
- Spoon salsa over the eggs and top with cheese (if using)
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and store in a glass container for the week.
2087.01 kcal Calories, 823.13 mg Calcium, 18.58 g Carbohydrate, 2874.56 mg Cholesterol, 145.49 g Total Fat, 3.01 g Fiber, 20.99 mg Iron, 197.73 mg Magnesium 2618.52 mg Potassium, 179.02 g Protein,263.04 mcg Selenium, 2271.6 mg Sodium, 11.21 g Sugars, 29.36 mg Zinc, 63.02g Saturated fat, 3.36 trans Fat, 50.24 g Monounsaturated fats, 11.43 g Polyunsaturated fats, 3862.36 IU Vitamin A, 2.78 mg Vitamin B6, 17.03 mcg Vitamin B12, 6.53 mg Vitamin C, 216.72 IU Vitamin D, 9.1 Vitamin E, 14.39 mcg Vitamin K, 334.59 mcg Folate,0.7 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),22.17 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),3.82 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 13616.9 mcg Lycopene, 1988.2 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0.73 g ALA, 0.03 g EPA, 0.22 gDHA,2272.82 mg Phosphorous, 0.51 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 334.78 mcg Beta carotene, 54 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0.49 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid