Here’s a delicious, traditional French recipe that would make Julia herself proud.
We’ve used New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussels which aren’t just sweeter and more succulent, but better for you too.
Unlike blue mussels (which are often farm-raised and high in pollutants), these are cultivated in open, pristine waters and considered an “Eco Best” by Oceans Alive.
Pair this simple summer dish with refreshing and crisp Sobon Organic Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2 pounds frozen Green Lipped New Zealand Mussels
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole organic shallots, finely chopped
- 2 c. dry white wine
- 4 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 Tbsp. organic, grass-fed butter
- Add the oil to a large stockpot and heat over medium heat
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until shallots soften (about 2 minutes).
- Add the wine, bring to a boil and stir in the mussels.
- Cover the pot and cook the mussels until all of them have opened, about 6 to 8 minutes, discard any that do not open.
- Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Bring the cooking liquid to a simmer and whisk in the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the tarragon.
- Pour the mixture over the mussels and serve immediately.
1402.2 kcal Calories, 357.03 mg Calcium, 58.83 g Carbohydrate, 284.34 mg Cholesterol, 60.12 g Total Fat, 0.55 g Fiber, 39.09 mg Iron, 365.38 mg Magnesium 3506.53 mg Potassium, 112 g Protein,409.99 mcg Selenium, 2703.55 mg Sodium, 2.31 g Sugars, 15.43 mg Zinc, 15.02g Saturated fat, 0 trans Fat, 28.01 g Monounsaturated fats, 9.08 g Polyunsaturated fats, 2923.74 IU Vitamin A, 1.09 mg Vitamin B6, 108.96 mcg Vitamin B12, 84.78 mg Vitamin C, 7.84 IU Vitamin D, 9.35 Vitamin E, 19.86 mcg Vitamin K, 422.57 mcg Folate,1.55 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),15.38 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),2.03 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0 mcg Lycopene, 1.92 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0.56 g ALA, 1.71 g EPA, 2.3 gDHA,1911.86 mg Phosphorous, 31.89 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 22.72 mcg Beta carotene, 0 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0.04 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid
- No Fish
- No Red Meat
- No Pork
- No Eggs
- No Nuts
- No Seeds
- No Soy
- No Poultry
- No Peanuts
- No Corn
- No Yeast
- No Tubers
- No Grains
- No Legumes
- No Nightshade
- No Citrus
- No Gluten