Lamb Burgers with Kalamata Olives and Mint Gremolata
When you think of a burger, lamb may not immediately come to mind. But it should!
Not only does lamb make for a moist and juicy burger. It’s packed with nutrition too.
Lamb Burgers: The “Supermeat” You’re Not Eating
But that’s not all. Lamb is also rich in healthy fats including monounsaturated fats (those credited with the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet), fat-burning conjugated linolenic acid (CLA) and a healthy helping of omega-3 fats too. (Learn more about the health benefits of lamb here)
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp. dried organic oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 whole organic lemon, juice and zest
- 8 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- ⅓ c. kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds grass-fed ground lamb
- First, prepare gremolata by combining mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Set aside.
- Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-high or use Flavorwave (preferred method).
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, olives, salt, pepper and oregano. Form patties that are ½ inch thick. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side if using grill/grill pan, or 6-8 minutes total at 350 degrees F in Flavorwave, or until desired doneness.
- Serve with gremolata.
Lamb Burgers - Nutrition Information Per Serving
2146.25 kcal Calories, 297.3 mg Calcium, 20.61 g Carbohydrate, 497.13 mg Cholesterol, 178.85 g Total Fat, 8.87 g Fiber, 15.21 mg Iron, 182.86 mg Magnesium 1891.47 mg Potassium, 116.03 g Protein,129.36 mcg Selenium, 1968.54 mg Sodium, 0.21 g Sugars, 23.87 mg Zinc, 72.08g Saturated fat, 0 trans Fat, 79.15 g Monounsaturated fats, 14.72 g Polyunsaturated fats, 2191.93 IU Vitamin A, 1.12 mg Vitamin B6, 15.73 mcg Vitamin B12, 110.93 mg Vitamin C, 0 IU Vitamin D, 4.32 Vitamin E, 284.41 mcg Vitamin K, 165.27 mcg Folate,0.85 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),41.37 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),1.54 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0.06 mcg Lycopene, 1066.99 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 3.12 g ALA, 0 g EPA, 0 gDHA,1118.99 mg Phosphorous, 0.53 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 885.32 mcg Beta carotene, 4.76 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid
- No Fish
- No Pork
- No Eggs
- No Shellfish
- No Gluten
- No Nuts
- No Seeds
- No Soy
- No Dairy
- No Poultry
- No Corn
- No Yeast
- No Peanuts
- No Tubers
- No Grains
- No Molds
- No Legumes
- No Nightshade