Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches (Dairy Free, Low Sugar)
What could be more delicious than sweet vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two soft and chewy chocolatey cookies?
Unlike store-bought varieties, our gluten free ice cream sandwiches are free of gluten and dairy. Plus they’re low in sugar with just 5 grams per drippingly delicious serving.
- 6 large pastured eggs, separated
- 4 c. So Delicious Dairy Free No Sugar Added Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. organic cocoa powder
- 12 Tbsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Zero
- 15 drops stevia (to taste)
- 0.125 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan and line with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and ½ cup erythritol. Beat with an electric mixer for 4 minutes until light yellow and frothy. Add cocoa and vanilla and mix at low speed to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add egg whites and salt. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add remaining erythritol and beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into cocoa mixture and gently blend.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Transfer to oven and bake until cake springs back when touched - about 15 minutes.
- Use a circle cookie cutter for round sandwiches or slice cake into sandwich-sized squares.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly; then spread between cake slices. Press down gently to adhere, but do not smash cake.
- Return to freezer for 1 hour to set.
1347.36 kcal Calories, 195.92 mg Calcium, 173.64 g Carbohydrate, 1269 mg Cholesterol, 97.71 g Total Fat, 89.44 g Fiber, 18.08 mg Iron, 178.1 mg Magnesium 840.43 mg Potassium, 51.3 g Protein,99.23 mcg Selenium, 986.62 mg Sodium, 22.71 g Sugars, 5.28 mg Zinc, 67.59g Saturated fat, 0 trans Fat, 12.73 g Monounsaturated fats, 4.22 g Polyunsaturated fats, 1461 IU Vitamin A, 0.46 mg Vitamin B6, 3.87 mcg Vitamin B12, 0 mg Vitamin C, 105 IU Vitamin D, 2.94 Vitamin E, 1.61 mcg Vitamin K, 150.08 mcg Folate,0.23 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),0.85 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),1.51 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0 mcg Lycopene, 1003.78 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0.1 g ALA, 0.01 g EPA, 0.11 gDHA,781.55 mg Phosphorous, 1.21 mg Manganese, 0 mcg Alpha carotene, 30 mcg Beta carotene, 27 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid
- No Fish
- No Red Meat
- No Pork
- No Shellfish
- No Gluten
- No Seeds
- No Soy
- No Dairy
- No Poultry
- No Yeast
- No Peanuts
- No Grains
- No Molds
- No Nightshade
- No Citrus