Arugula Chicken Salad with Olives & Pecans
Who says a brown bag lunch has to be –boring?
This organic, balsamic-drizzled Arugula Chicken Salad will perk up your midday and provide you with satiating nutrients that will keep you feeling full until dinner. And because arugula is a member of the cruciferous family of veggies (which also includes broccoli, cauliflower and kale), it also provides powerful cancer-fighting nutrients.
Arugula Chicken Salad – A Superfast Superfood Salad
But this isn’t the only superfood salad you can make…
By keeping a few simple ingredients on hand (like organic greens, pre-cooked organic pastured chicken and grass-fed beef, hard-boiled pastured eggs) and doing a little prep work at the beginning of the week – you can enjoy restaurant-quality salads every day. Not only will you save money, but you’ll enjoy healthier meals to boot.
- 2 Tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1 -8oz. breast pastured chicken
- 8 small organic Kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups organic arugula
- ½ ounce pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ cup shredded organic carrots
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place seasoned chicken on the grill pan and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook until the juices run clear.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then slice the chicken into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Prepare the salad and salad dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar with the oil (reserving 1 tsp. for later) and mustard to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the arugula in a medium bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp. oil. Gently massage to coat the leaves, then sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt. Toss in the shredded carrots and olives. Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing and chopped pecans.
693.75 kcal Calories, 188.24 mg Calcium, 14.65 g Carbohydrate, 136.88 mg Cholesterol, 44.68 g Total Fat, 5.04 g Fiber, 4.5 mg Iron, 127.63 mg Magnesium 1096.65 mg Potassium, 58.67 g Protein,45.68 mcg Selenium, 421.39 mg Sodium, 6.92 g Sugars, 3.12 mg Zinc, 5.96g Saturated fat, 0.06 trans Fat, 29.18 g Monounsaturated fats, 7.22 g Polyunsaturated fats, 10769 IU Vitamin A, 1.46 mg Vitamin B6, 0 mcg Vitamin B12, 15.61 mg Vitamin C, 0 IU Vitamin D, 5.6 Vitamin E, 91.5 mcg Vitamin K, 82.74 mcg Folate,0.33 mg Vitamin B1(Thiamin),27.48 mg Vitamin B3(Niacin),0.33 mg Vitamin B2(Riboflavin), 0.58 mcg Lycopene, 2408.57 mcg Lutein and Zeaxanthin, 0.55 g ALA, 0 g EPA, 0.05 gDHA,573.24 mg Phosphorous, 1.03 mg Manganese, 1912.35 mcg Alpha carotene, 5473.61 mcg Beta carotene, 3.66 mcg Beta cryptoxanthin, 0 g Conjugated Linolenic Acid