REVERSE Diabetes with a Diabetes Diet
A diabetes diet is a natural, drug-free and delicious approach that you can use to manage and even REVERSE diabetes and prevent complications.
A healthy diabetes diet will provide you with the right ratios of protein, healthy fat and low glycemic carbs for blood sugar balance.
But unfortunately, most people with diabetes don’t set health goals or adhere to their nutrition care plan. In fact, according to a study published in Clinical Diabetes, as many as 75% people with diabetes don’t follow the diabetes meal plan recommended by their physician or health care professional.
And since diet is the number one lifestyle factor required to control diabetes, the results aren’t just dangerous… but can also be deadly.
Don’t Be a Statistic! Follow a Diabetes Diet to Reverse and Manage Diabetes
Serious skin infections. Blurred vision. Heart disease. Potential amputation of toes due to loss of blood flow to the feet. Constant thirst. These complications of diabetes just begin to tell the story of this preventable disease that can destroy your body from the inside out.
Consider these dire diabetes facts:
- Eight percent of the U.S. population – a whopping 23.6 million children and adults—have diabetes.
- Seventy to eighty million people suffer from metabolic syndrome or “pre-diabetes.”
- Every year, 1.6 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older.
- There are 50% more people with diabetes than there were just a decade ago.
- People with diabetes are 41% more likely to die of cancer than those without the disease.
- People with diabetes are 600% more likely to suffer a first heart attack and up to 800% more likely to die from heart disease than people who don’t have diabetes.
The numbers are alarming. But you don’t have to be a statistic.
Your Lifestyle is The Key
That’s because your lifestyle – your dietary choices, physical activity and habits – play the biggest role in your risk for diabetes. In fact, many people are able to get off their medications and even reverse type-2 diabetes with a low glycemic diabetes meal plan and regular exercise.
Are you ready to get your blood sugar in balance, manage your diabetes and stave off life-threatening complications? Healing Gourmet will show you how easy it is to enjoy delicious, nourishing and satisfying foods that will help you live longer and better.
Here are some pages, recipes and meal plans that will help you get started managing your blood sugar:
- Superfoods That Reduce Blood Sugar
- Sample Diabetes Meal Plan
- Healthy Fats for Diabetes (and Why Low-Fat Diets Don’t Work)
- Glycemic Index
- Endocrine Disruptors in Food (and how they promote diabetes and weight gain)
- Delicious, Low Glycemic Diabetes Recipes
- Healthy Dessert Recipes that are Low Glycemic, Low Sugar and Diabetes Safe